SAFETY PROTOCOLS & REIMBURSEMENT POLICY IN CASE OF CLOSURE DUE TO COVID-19
OPERATION PLAN FOR THE SKI OPERATION 2020-2021
Sugarloaf Park will be open this winter for all activities.
- The safety and wellbeing of our guest and staff is our number 1 priority
- There will be restrictions on activities and in buildings based on Covid-19 best practices and regulations
- Masks will be MANDATORY in the Day Lodge
- Social distancing rules apply, where social distancing is not possible, a mask must be worn
- Yes we are selling season passes for downhill and cross country skiing as usual
- IF the Park is forced to close skiing operations because government goes back in the ‘red phase’, a pro-rated refund will be given.
- Rules of Refund:
- Refunds will only be provided if requested by the customer
- All refunds are to be pro-rated for the number of days the ski hill is not operational. Example: if we have 100 days of scheduled operations and we miss 20 days due to closure for Covid, then a 20% refund will be issued.
- Refunds will only be calculated on March 29 and processed once – at the end of March 2021
- Refunds MUST be requested and processed prior to Year End Cut Off. Typically 3rd week of April.
- The annual passes of the Montagnards (X-Country & Snowshoeing) will NOT be REFUNDABLE.
- Mask MUST be worn in the Day Lodge. Unless seated at the restaurant.
- Seasonal Lockers will be available for rent. Masks must be worn and restrictions on the number of people in the locker room will be implemented
- Washrooms will be open with restrictions on number of people in the room at same time
- Rental shop will be open with restrictions on number of people in the room at same time
- Restaurant and Cafeteria will be open with restrictions on number of people in the room at same time and the amount of time you can spend in the Lodge cafeteria / restaurant
- Cannot leave any bags or packs unattended anywhere in the Day lodge
- Encouraging people to use their vehicle as much as possible to store bags, change, warm up etc… STAY SAFE, Camp out in your Car….NOT in the Day lodge!!
- Your household bubble is expanded to include 10 contacts (Steady 10) from outside your household. This means that at the hill you should only be travelling with, and riding the lift with folks from your (Steady 10). Solo skiers/boarders will ride the lift alone.
- Social Distancing in the lift line is in effect
- Mask must be worn when and where social distancing is not possible
- Lift maze will be configured to facilitate social distancing.
BE SAFE – BE KIND – HAVE FUN
THE MAIN COVID PROTOCOLS ALLOWING THE USE OF THE MONTAGNARDS CHALET INCLUDE:
Maximum number of people in the Chalet is 10.
- Face masks must be worn when moving around inside the building and outside the building when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- NO bags and equipment should be left unattended in the chalet. (can change and warm up in the chalet, please store bags in vehicles)
- The sports equipment (snowshoes/xc skis) owned by the club will be in storage. Group activities will be offered according to the ‘Activities calendar schedule’ posted on the park website.
- Removal of all kitchen cutlery, mugs, plates etc. from the kitchen area
- Entry to and exit from the chalet are from opposite doors.
- Adhere to all posted guidelines.